Who We Are
BioCytics, meaning applications of living cells, is a privately-held biotechnology company located in Huntersville, North Carolina. BioCytics is clinically-incubated by Carolina BioOncology Institute Cancer Research Clinic. Our mission is to research and develop novel cellular therapies for diseases and to accelerate personalized medicine to market.
What We Do
BioCytics and our highly competent scientists, cell processing specialists, and clinical development team offer:
- Biospecimen* Sourcing (healthy donor, cancer patient, and convalescent COVID-19 patient)
- Contract Cellular Manufacturing Services
- Instrument and Reagent Comparison and Validation Services
- Clinical Trial Development and Services
- Clinical Lab Diagnostic Services
BioCytics was founded in 2005 by John Powderly MD, CPI, as a multi-dimensional biotech company to develop a Tissue Bank, Human Applications Laboratory, and BioInformatics & Data Mining group. The BioCyitics team has historically focused on human blood product sourcing and banking, adoptive cell therapy development, and genetic testing & drug screening. Currently, BioCytics is performing IND-enabling studies for potential autologous cancer cell therapy products**.